Malaysia industrial design registration requirements are simple and
easier for the original owner of the industrial design to register
it in Malaysia. There are few Malaysia industrial design
registration requirements that the applicant must take note for the
preparation of the documents and information related to the
industrial design. When you are filing an application to register
an industrial design which requires the following information:-
• A completed application official form for Malaysia industrial
design registration which is called ID Form 1 (English or Malay
• 6 copies of representation of the articles to which the design is
applied in the form of either photographs or drawings (7 copies for
set of articles);
• *A statement of novelty for Malaysia industrial design
registration requirements to which the design is applied;
• Must be payment in full for the appropriate filing fee when the
industrial design is filing to Intellectual Property Corporation of
*Specific Malaysia industrial design registration requirements on a
statement of novelty to be noticed by the applicant:-
• A statement of novelty can appear only on the front of the first
sheet of each representation.
• It needs to be separated with any other statement or
• A statement of novelty so not required for the design when
registering for wallpaper, lace, or textile articles.
• It also cannot include any description of the use of the article
or its features, or its advantages or method of construction.
• The statement of novelty must be specified in English.
For other Malaysia industrial design registration requirements,
please kindly take note that all the documents above must be
prepared in A4 size (29.7cm x 21cm) with strong and good quality
paper (80gsm and above). Kindly refer to Malaysia industrial design
registration for further details.